Monday, September 19, 2011

Visual Effects & The Eye Candy Makers

I'll never forget the summer I moved to San Francisco, straight outta' college I was all eager to get into the Visual Effects industry and work on some of the biggest and baddest FX films out there. I wanted to create the cool imagery that everyone would see when they went out to the big Summer blockbusters! I wanted to be one of the Eye Candy Makers!

I was in a small book store and stumbled across a magazine that thrilled me to the core. It had 1998's Godzilla on the front and when I flipped through it I was sure I found the coolest book-like magazine out there. Crazy eye-candy, a fun read for an FX geek like me and a resource worth archiving into a collection. After all, these "magazines" are more like little books!

This issue with Captain America on the front is another exciting one for me as I did some Concept Design and Matte Painting on the film. Many of my friends and co-workers are mentioned alongside their great works too! Congrats to everyone who worked so hard!

Check it out.

-Chris Stoski



Cinefex Magazine (Quarterly):
www.cinefex.com

More of Chris Stoski's Designs at:
www.ziggling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment